Serving the Lord with Teen Missions in Brazil
- Cochrane, Dave and Vanja (Fall 2011)
- Cochrane, Dave and Vanja (Spring 2011)
- Cochran, Dave and Vanja (Winter 2011)
- Cochrane, Dave & Vanja (Spring, 2010)
- Cochrane, Dave and Vanja (Winter, 2010)
Dave, from Sydney, Australia, was introduced to Teen Missions when he visited the Boot Camp in Cebu, Philippines back in 1988. In 1991 he participated as a leader at the Australian Boot Camp on a team to Israel. He was hooked and the next few years saw him taking part in Boot Camps in Australia, the Philippines and the US. By the end of 1995 he had joined staff with Teen Missions in Australia.
Vanja, from Belem, Brazil, was a team member at the Brazil Boot Camp in 1991, returning every year as a leader or volunteer until 1996.
Dave and Vanja first met when they came to the US to join the Missionaries To America team. In 1997 they led separate US teams but wedding bells were ringing and in October of that same year they were married in Brazil. Since then they have been working with Teen Missions in Brazil. They worked for some time in Porto Velho in western Brazil but they now operate the Teen Missions base in Belem. Their responsibilities include running a Boot Camp each year, coordinating a BIBLE, MISSIONARY & WORK (BMW) Training Center and doing other ministries.
Dave and Vanja have two children who were both born in different countries. In 1999, Vanja gave birth to Jasmin Joy in Brazil. The following year, while in Australia, Samuel Lucas arrived.
- To continually grow in Christ and to serve Him faithfully
- For protection against natural and spiritual forces of evil
- That the fruit of the Spirit may be evident in our marriage, our family and our ministry
- Dave – November 4
- Vanja – March 5
- Jasmin – July 2
- Samuel – October 5
- October 4