Greetings to everyone from The Lord’s Boot Camp! Seems like just a few weeks ago I was writing my last newsletter, and here we are again!
The beginning of February I went home to Ohio to be with my mom and dad. Their home burnt down and thanks to some wonderful friends, I was able to go help. We were able to begin the claim process with the insurance company. It was a very hard time, but all the love that was shown to my family from everyone was such a blessing. There were so many blessings during our difficult time that I could literally write this whole newsletter talking about all the different blessings from all the people. People from my church and community helped more than I would have thought possible. Now after a few months of dealing with the insurance company, and getting the rest of the old house torn down, the new house is getting laid out and ready to build. God is so good! He has guided the entire situation and has put the right people in our path as we have been going through all of this.
Some other blessings that have been happening: I have had a stream of friends coming down to Florida on their vacations and I was fortunate enough to spend some time with them. Also, I was able to show them around Teen Missions property. Then for Easter my mom came down to volunteer and spend some time with me. It was so nice getting to see everyone and spend time with them. One really nice surprise I had was that a few team members from my Cambodia team I went on last summer came to see me! It was so nice to get to spend time with them and see how God is working in their lives.
Everyone at Teen Missions has been working outside a little more the past few weeks getting everything ready for the AOSC Mud Run and Boot Camp. This past week we have been washing down the Big Top tents to get them ready to go up in a few weeks. It’s starting to look like Boot Camp around here, again, pulling out all the tents and getting them ready to go up! Pretty soon we will be clearing out the eating sites and tent sites. One of my favorite times of the year around Teen Missions is when all the work we do year-round starts to come together as we prepare for all the team members to come!
- Please pray for all the leaders and team members.
- Pray that they would be able to raise all their support and that they would let God move in their life before and during this summer.
- Pray for all the leaders, that they work as one and make the right decisions for their teams.
- Pray for good health for everyone going on teams, and for those staying back and working as summer staff on property.
- Pray for all the people who came for the AOSC Mud Run (May 6), to see the bigger picture. Pray that they might get involved.
- Last but not least, please pray for all the volunteers that come down, through the year and at Boot Camp time. Pray that God would bless their lives as much as they have blessed us with all their help!
Thank you so much for your help in spreading the love and message of Jesus Christ all the way to Zimbabwe this summer. Your prayers and support make not only my mission trip this summer a possibility, but they bring you along with me on my trip to Zimbabwe. I hope and pray that your summer is a blessing to you and those around you!