Practical Training Seminars for Short & Long-Term Missions
Leader Training Seminar
More than 40 years of experience in sending teams on missions trips worldwide is packed into this specialized missionary leader training seminar. Seasoned Teen Missions staff missionaries share vivid real life stories to illustrate the reasons for each policy and procedure. Leaders are prepared for the challenges and rewards of successfully guiding a team through each phase of their summer missions trip.
Topics covered include:
Teen Missions Policies
Travel Do’s & Don’ts
Practical Skills and Ideas
(for potential full-time staff missionaries)
Do you feel the Lord tugging you toward full-time Christian service? First Step is a six day seminar designed to learn about Teen Missions staff policies, missionary life and the basics of support raising as well as giving you the opportunity to meet the full-time staff missionaries of Teen Missions.
Participants visit each of our departments, tour our headquarters, and learn about our long-term overseas ministries and opportunities. A meeting with Teen Missions Founder/Director Robert M. Bland is held at the end of the seminar in order to explore possible ways of matching your talents and abilities with current needs within the ministry of Teen Missions. First Step is intended to provide a way to determine whether or not Teen Missions is where God might be calling you!
Team Leaders Seminar is required for all summer trip leaders. First Step is required for all potential full-time staff. Attending First Step does not obligate you to serve with Teen Missions. First Step participants can, at their option, also attend the Mission Trip Leaders Seminar.
Cost (U.S. Funds)
- First Step Only $49 + $30 reg. fee
- Leader Training Seminar Only $69 +$30 reg. fee
- First Step & Leader Training Seminar $118 + $30 reg. fee
First Step only $98 + $30 reg. fee
- Leader Training Seminar only $138 +$30 reg. fee
- First Step & LTS $236 +$30 reg. fee
- * If you have attended a Mission Trip Leader Seminar or served as a trip leader in the past three years, you may arrive one week later for Week Two only, and deduct $69 per person from the total cost. If you have other questions, call (321) 453-0350 and ask for personnel.
- March 2-5, 2017 —Merritt Island, FL
- April 28-May 1, 2017 —Portland, OR
- June 12-16, 2017 —Merritt Island, FL
First Step Seminars for potential full-time Staff
- November 6-11, 2016 —Merritt Island FL
- March 5-10, 2017 —Merritt Island FL