Meet the Ayers
The Ayers family came together while serving at Teen Missions. Bryan from California and Dawn from Minnesota came to serve full-time in 1986. After their wedding at the Lord’s Boot Camp dining room in November of 1987, they worked at our base in Merritt Island, FL until 1992. Following those years, Bryan and Dawn attended Nazarene Bible College in Colorado Springs, CO in preparation for 17 years as a pastor in Florida, Canada, Tennessee and Missouri. They returned to staff positions in November of 2014. Bryan works in our Personnel Department working on staff and volunteer details. Dawn works part-time in the Finance Department helping with account data. She still home schools their kids the rest of the time.
Over the years they have had seven children. Jonathan was born during their first term with Teen Missions and has been on several teams over the years. Abby has served on three teams and is currently a student at the Bible, Missionary and Work Training Center. Hannah, Luke, Grace, Benjamin and Caleb are all at home. All but Caleb have been on Teen Missions teams. Hannah has graduated; the rest are still homeschooling.
- God’s direction for older children
- Open doors to share Christ
- Steady financial support
- Spiritual growth
- Bryan – May 27
- Dawn – November 13
- Jonathan – August 27
- Abby – February 23
- Hannah – May 30
- Luke – December 30
- Grace – February 25
- Benjamin – April 12
- Caleb – October 18
- November 21, 1987
- Ayers, Bryan & Dawn Newsletter (Fall 2016) November 8, 2016 Our summer adventures seem so far behind us here in October, but I don't want to miss getting some great details to you. For another year, the Ayers family traveled to three separate countries learning many lessons of the faithfulness of God and taking the opportunities to minister to people everywhere. On the homefront, Hurricane Matthew paid us a visit giving us quite a scare and making a big mess. Prince Edward Island welcomed our Preteen Team with open arms. After ...
- Ayers, Bryan & Dawn Newsletter (Spring 2016) May 24, 2016 It’s amazing to live on the Space Coast of Florida and be able to see powerful rockets launch into space. Their missions are sometime secret, but always filled with impact in so many ways. Working here at Teen Missions is much the same. People come and go from here that will facilitate or be on the frontlines of God’s redemptive work all the time. Several students have been heading out to their country of service in the last few months ...
- Ayers, Bryan & Dawn Newsletter (Winter 2016) February 15, 2016 Dear Friends,I am writing this letter after a great year in 2015 where in just the summer and fall our family completed more than 42,000 combined miles and nine different areas of ministry. My hope is that you will see the difference going on in the world through our ministry with Teen Missions and feel the need to partner with us. Just a little over a year ago, we took a leap of faith and moved to Florida to work ...
- Ayers, Bryan & Dawn Newsletter (Fall 2015) October 23, 2015 Greetings,Unleashed! The Ayers Family was unleashed this summer all over the world to minister alongside four different ministries on three separate continents. It's not just about us though. It's about God working in and through us and over six hundred other team members and leaders with Teen Missions International. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to get you every story and detail in this letter, so feel free to contact us using the contact info at the end.In June we ...
- Ayers, Bryan & Dawn Newsletter (Spring 2015) May 27, 2015 Dear Family and Friends,The heat is on...in more ways than one. The temperature has scaled the thermometers to over 90 degrees a few times already, even before May. I get a little grumpy at 80 degrees, so we have definitely crossed the line. Down here in Florida the heat is a sure sign of spring, but it also is a sure sign that it’s getting close for hundreds of teenagers to come for the Lord’s Boot Camp and summer team ...
- Ayers, Bryan & Dawn Newsletter (Winter 2015) March 2, 2015 Around the Florida Base Dawn works 20 hours a week, which can be a challenge while still homeschooling 4 of our children. Usually she goes in for the afternoon and works in the finance department. There are many details to get right while working in there. Bryan has been assigned as department head in the Personnel Department. There are many needs for the various staff and volunteers around the world that come through their office. He especially likes the opportunities that he ...