Meet the Bobbs
Shannon grew up in the small logging community of Bainbridge, located in southern Ohio. Because of his logging heritage, Shannon pursued a forestry degree from Hocking College. He worked as a forester at a local paper factory for 22 years before joining staff at Teen Missions. He has served as a church camp caretaker, a youth leader, a church trustee and a Sunday school teacher. His love for teens brought him to Teen Missions.
Vikki also grew up near Bainbridge, Ohio and met Shannon in high school. She graduated from Ohio University with a degree in finance. She has worked as a bank auditor and, most recently, as a high school substitute teacher. She has served with Shannon as a church camp caretaker and a youth leader. She has also helped with Bible quizzing.
Shannon and Vikki have four children: Taylor, Canaan, Madison and Zoe.
Shannon and Vikki had always planned to serve in missions, but thought it would be in their retirement years. In the summer of 2006, they felt a definite calling from God to serve now, not waiting to give God their time. They were drawn to Teen Missions by the vision and the excellent stewardship practices of the ministry. They also have a love for teens and are excited to impact the world for Jesus!
The Bobb family enjoys camping and spending time at the beach. Prayer is the thread that holds their family together.
- For wisdom, love, mercy and compassion as we serve as leaders
- For boldness in sharing God’s love
- For safety in travel
- For the kids as they go to school
- Shannon – June 22
- Vikki – October 27
- Taylor – July 12
- Canaan – July 6
- Madison – June 7
- Zoe – April 1
- September 17, 1986
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter ( Fall 2016) November 10, 2016 What About The Bobbs? Greetings from half-way around the world...literally!! We are writing this newsletter from Cambodia. We arrived here the beginning of July with our team and will be here until December 10. Madison joined us at the completion of her team to India the first of August and Canaan joined us two weeks later when his time in Russia was done. It is an awesome experience for our family to serve here together. Our summer team went well. We ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Spring 2016) May 19, 2016 To quote my 5 year old great-nephew, Charlie: “Everybody hold on to your elephants,” It’s about to get crazy here! Shannon has been very busy coordinating the AIDS Orphans Mud Run that will be held at Teen Missions on May 7. Getting the course ready, processing registrations, soliciting sponsors and doing promotions in the area are just a few of the things that have been going on in preparation for the event. Last year, we had approximately 350 runners. We ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Winter 2016) February 24, 2016 HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2016, really? I still find it hard to believe that it is 2016.The past year has held so many adventures for our family and the coming year is already promising new and exciting opportunities. CambodiaIn October, Shannon went to Cambodia for one month to help with the ministry there. The former coordinators left staff and Shannon was asked to go and encourage the staff and Bible school students at our base in Siem Reap. He also was ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Fall 2015) November 4, 2015 Dear Family and Friends,Where do I even begin to tell you of the adventures of our family over the past few months? On June 27, 23 teens and three assistant leaders arrived at the Lord's Boot Camp to begin training for our journey to Nepal. The team came together well at Boot Camp and four of the team members gave their lives to Christ during the summer and six rededicated their lives to the Lord as well. We knew from ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Spring 2015) May 29, 2015 There is certainly no time for idleness around here these days. We are gearing up for the arrival of over 600 team members and leaders that are serving on teams this summer. The Big Top tents are going up and we are preparing everything for Boot Camp that starts June 6. Every year we are shocked at how soon summer arrives again. It seems like the in-between months keep getting busier and busier. This year, Teen Missions is hosting a ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Winter 2015) February 6, 2015 Greetings to all and Happy 2015! This May will start our ninth year with Teen Missions! WOW! It seems like only yesterday that we packed that moving van and uprooted our family from southern Ohio. We recently realized that Zoe (almost 11 years old now) has spent most of her life in Florida. She is more of a Florida girl than an Ohio girl. That’s unbelievable to me! Life at Teen Missions In January, we started a new term at the Florida Free ...
- Shannon & Vikki Bobb Newsletter (Fall 2014) December 16, 2014 Uganda—they call it the pearl of Africa. This is where we spent our summer with Teen Missions. We (Shannon, Zoe and I) traveled with 24 team members and two other leaders to our base in Jinja, Uganda. From there we shook off some jet lag and then embarked on a 15-hour truck ride north to Koboko, a border town near DR Congo and South Sudan. Teen Missions has a base/future Bible school and AIDS Orphan Rescue Unit there. It was ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Spring 2014) May 16, 2014 Things are a changing here in Florida. We are making preparations for our upcoming Boot Camps. Temperatures are heating up, the winter volunteers have returned north and spring break is over. We are in full “Boot Camp mode” as they say around here. Tents are going up everywhere. This past week, I (Shannon) returned from 2 ½ weeks in Ecuador. I was given the opportunity to lead an adult team. Our team’s purpose was to do general maintenance and minister alongside ...