Meet the Bobbs
Shannon grew up in the small logging community of Bainbridge, located in southern Ohio. Because of his logging heritage, Shannon pursued a forestry degree from Hocking College. He worked as a forester at a local paper factory for 22 years before joining staff at Teen Missions. He has served as a church camp caretaker, a youth leader, a church trustee and a Sunday school teacher. His love for teens brought him to Teen Missions.
Vikki also grew up near Bainbridge, Ohio and met Shannon in high school. She graduated from Ohio University with a degree in finance. She has worked as a bank auditor and, most recently, as a high school substitute teacher. She has served with Shannon as a church camp caretaker and a youth leader. She has also helped with Bible quizzing.
Shannon and Vikki have four children: Taylor, Canaan, Madison, and Zoe.
Shannon and Vikki had always planned to serve in missions but thought it would be in their retirement years. In the summer of 2006, they felt a definite calling from God to serve now, not waiting to give God their time. They were drawn to Teen Missions by the vision and the excellent stewardship practices of the ministry. They also have a love for teens and are excited to impact the world for Jesus!
The Bobb family enjoys camping and spending time at the beach. Prayer is the thread that holds their family together.
- For wisdom, love, mercy, and compassion as we serve as leaders
- For boldness in sharing God’s love
- For safety in travel
- For the kids as they go to school
- Shannon – June 22
- Vikki – October 27
- Taylor – July 12
- Canaan – July 6
- Madison – June 7
- Zoe – April 1
- September 17, 1986
- Shannon & Vikki Bobb Newsletter (Winter 2018) January 29, 2018 Greetings from Teen Missions Headquarters in Merritt Island, Florida! Christmas in Ohio We had a great time with family and friends in Ohio over the Christmas holidays. We hosted our annual “Thanks for Giving” Dinner and had over 60 people come share a meal with us despite snow and frigid temperatures. Our kids were able to go snow tubing with the Ohio Christian Union Youth at Mad River Mountain and really enjoyed playing in the snow again. We worshipped with ...
- Shannon & Vikki Bobb (Fall 2017) October 5, 2017 Will your anchor hold in the storms of life, When the clouds unfold their wings of strife? When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain, Will your anchor drift, or firm remain? We have an anchor That keeps the soul Steadfast and sure while the billows roll Fastened to the Rock which cannot move Grounded firm and deep in Savior’s Love (Author: Priscilla J. Owen) We sure feel as if we have been sheltered by God. Hurricane Irma passed right over us! It is amazing that there was only ...
- Shannon & Vikki Bobb Newsletter (Spring 2017) May 11, 2017 It’s that crazy busy time of year again! Last week, we had our “Big Top” Day and the staff, students and volunteers were able to set up four of our Big Top Tents! This day is always one of the most anticipated days of the year. We all work hard but have lots of fun together. It’s less than 50 days until the start of Boot Camps. I can’t’ believe it is all coming so fast! Cambodia, again! Shannon spent ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 What About the Bobbs? Happy New Year!!! What a year 2016 was! It was full of adventure, travel and new experiences. It will definitely be a year to remember for the Bobb family. We are back in the USA after nearly six months. We arrived in Florida early in the morning on December 12. We were greeted at the airport by my brother and sister-in-law, who flew to Florida to help get things ready for our arrival. The TMI van was ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter ( Fall 2016) November 10, 2016 What About The Bobbs? Greetings from half-way around the world...literally!! We are writing this newsletter from Cambodia. We arrived here the beginning of July with our team and will be here until December 10. Madison joined us at the completion of her team to India the first of August and Canaan joined us two weeks later when his time in Russia was done. It is an awesome experience for our family to serve here together. Our summer team went well. We ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Spring 2016) May 19, 2016 To quote my 5 year old great-nephew, Charlie: “Everybody hold on to your elephants,” It’s about to get crazy here! Shannon has been very busy coordinating the AIDS Orphans Mud Run that will be held at Teen Missions on May 7. Getting the course ready, processing registrations, soliciting sponsors and doing promotions in the area are just a few of the things that have been going on in preparation for the event. Last year, we had approximately 350 runners. We ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Winter 2016) February 24, 2016 HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2016, really? I still find it hard to believe that it is 2016.The past year has held so many adventures for our family and the coming year is already promising new and exciting opportunities. CambodiaIn October, Shannon went to Cambodia for one month to help with the ministry there. The former coordinators left staff and Shannon was asked to go and encourage the staff and Bible school students at our base in Siem Reap. He also was ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Fall 2015) November 4, 2015 Dear Family and Friends,Where do I even begin to tell you of the adventures of our family over the past few months? On June 27, 23 teens and three assistant leaders arrived at the Lord's Boot Camp to begin training for our journey to Nepal. The team came together well at Boot Camp and four of the team members gave their lives to Christ during the summer and six rededicated their lives to the Lord as well. We knew from ...