Linda was raised in Tampa, FL, in a Christian home and accepted the Lord as her Savior as a child. In 1979, at the age of 14, she joined a group of mostly adults and a few teens from her church on a one-week mission trip to Haiti. This experience planted a seed for missions in her that lay dormant until joining a singles ministry that did 1-2 week mission trips every year. From 1991 to 1997, she did 2 stateside trips and 6 overseas trips with that group. In 1998, she came to Teen Missions Boot Camp as a volunteer in the kitchen. In 1999 she served as a team leader with TMI, and she has led a team every year since! Linda has led 15 teen teams and 3 preteen teams. She joined Teen Missions staff on January 3rd, 2017.
Through the years, Linda has done various types of jobs, but they all had one thing in common – they had to allow her the time off for missions! In 2008, she moved to Cincinnati, OH, to help her sister raise two teenage daughters. They are now grown, and Linda is excited to begin this new chapter of her life.
She is coordinating the launch of the new M.A.D. (Making A Difference) Mothers Fellowship Groups.
- Grow in my relationship with the Lord
- Be Holy Spirit led in all my endeavors
- Have an abundance of energy for all my work
- Be self-disciplined in my weak areas
- Consistent financial support
Birthday – November 29
- Linda Evans Newsletter (Winter 2018) February 13, 2018 Dear Family, Friends, and Former Team Members, Wow, I can’t believe it’s been just over a year since I joined staff! I have been anything but bored. I still have a few boxes that have never been unpacked – like some pictures and other wall hangings. Well, I won’t be getting to that anytime soon, because. . . BIG NEWS! I’m going to Canada for three months! It’s a good thing I didn’t get rid of ALL of my warm clothes!!! It’s going ...
- Linda Evans Newsletter (Fall 2017) October 16, 2017 Dear Family, Friends and Former Team Members, Greetings from soggy Florida! Hurricane Irma has passed, but left a lot of water; just when you think the low part of your backyard will finally dry up – it rains again! Oh well, this too shall pass. U.S. Travel Two weeks after my summer team to South Korea, I hit the road to spend some time visiting family, friends, and supporters. Mostly I traveled up the I-75 corridor, all the way to the Detroit area! ...
- Linda Evans Newsletter (Spring 2017) May 11, 2017 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31 Dear Family, Friends and Former Team Members, Wow! The first few months of this year here at Teen Missions (TMI) have just flown by! I am still trying to get all my stuff organized, but I have a spare bedroom ready for company. (hint, hint) I have been attending a local church, but on Easter visited a new church plant in nearby ...
- Evans, Linda Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 15, 2017 Help me name my newsletter! Most of the staff newsletters have headers with cute names that use alliteration or rhyming, like Myers Moments or Yost Post. Send me your suggestions. A prize for the winner! For ideas, check out some of the others on the TMI website. And think outside the box! I want something fun! Dear Family, Friends and Former Team Members, Well, here I am at long last! I am officially on staff with Teen Missions International (TMI) as a full-time ...