Meet the Myers
Who would have thought that Anthony and Shawna had to come to Florida from Pennsylvania and Ontario to meet! Shawna has been on the staff of Teen Missions since 1983, working both in the Canada and U.S. Offices. Anthony joined staff in 1991, and they were married a year later. They have three children: Brandon, Jessica, and Darin. Anthony and Shawna have been blessed to be able to take their children on teams with them all over the world. What a great way to see how other people live and to appreciate what the Lord has blessed you with.
Anthony is the Print Shop Department Head. He also does electrical, air-conditioning, and other jobs as needed. Shawna is the Director’s secretary and works in International Operations. Together they serve on the Governing Board of Teen Missions. Brandon enjoys playing tennis, basketball, and football. He graduated in 2013. Jessica is very social and graduated in 2014. Darin enjoys playing football and basketball. The Myers family enjoys playing and watching sports and playing games together.
- Wisdom as we raise Brandon, Jessica and Darin in the Lord.
- Daily quality quiet times.
- That the kids would do well in their school work.
- For Brandon and Jessica to know what the Lord has for them after high school.
- For the kids to be a witness at school.
- Quality time with the Lord and as a family.
- That we would be a blessing to those around us.
- That our prayer partners and supporters would be blessed.
- For safety in travel.
- Wisdom leading teams.
- Anthony – February 2
- Shawna – November 23
- Brandon – April 27
- Jessica – October 27
- Darin – October 25
- March 28, 1992
- Myers, Anthony & Shawna Newsletter (Spring 2016) May 16, 2016 Greetings!What a busy time we have had over the past few months. Our house has had a revolving door with family and friends visiting, but it has been such a blessing to be able to share what the Lord is doing in our lives and through the ministry of Teen Missions.Anthony’s parents were able to come down for a week in March. The day after they left, Shawna’s twin brother, Stephen, and his wife Gloria, as well as Shawna’s niece ...
- Myers, Anthony & Shawna Newsletter (Winter 2016) March 10, 2016 Dear Friends and Family,Time…What is time? Where does the time go? Why do we feel like we can’t get everything done in the time we have? Well, maybe we’re trying to pack too much into the little time we have. The question is “Are we using our time wisely?” Would God approve of how we are spending the precious time He gives us? Remember He can take that time away whenever He wants to. Is there something you know God ...
- Myers, Anthony & Shawna Newsletter (Fall 2015) October 30, 2015 Dear Family and Friends,Now that we are back home from the summer and had a few weeks off, we have had time to reflect on all the exciting things the Lord did in the past few months! Team members and leaders arrived during the first week of June for Early Boot Camp. Everything went well and our team arrived on June 20. We had 19 team members, four leaders and Darin on the team. Boot Camp was hectic as usual, ...
- Myers, Anthony & Shawna Newsletter (Spring 2015) June 4, 2015 Dear Friends and Family,Isn’t it wonderful that we serve a LIVING Savior! He is the only deity that did not stay in the grave! We were thankful to have the whole family together for Easter. With the way our schedules have been lately, our time together is precious. We were able to go to a friend’s beach house for a few days and relax before our busy summer.On April 9 we put up four of the five Big Tops in ...
- Myers, Anthony & Shawna Newsletter (Winter 2015) February 9, 2015 Dear Family and Friends, When Billy Graham was asked what he wished he would have done differently in his life he said, “I would study more, I would pray more, travel less...I’d spend more time in meditation and prayer and just telling the Lord how much I love Him and adore Him and I’m looking forward to the time we are going to spend together for eternity.” How humbling to hear this incredible man of God say he didn’t pray enough ...
- Myers, Anthony & Shawna Newsletter (Fall 2014) October 10, 2014 My summer was amazing! I would have never thought that I would be in the middle of Madagascar riding motorcycles! It was so fun being able to do Sunday schools with the kids. My team was incredible and we got along so well. We were like a big family. I’m so glad I had the opportunity to go on this team. I definitely learned how to trust God more. He kept us safe, especially while we were riding. We rode ...
- Myers, Anthony & Shawna Newsletter (Spring 2014) May 20, 2014 We received a sad report from our base in Koboko, Uganda. Two of our staff riding a motorcycle were hit head on by an oncoming driver. One of them has a broken leg and the other has one leg broken in three places and was unconscious for six days after the accident, which happened on April 5th. They have the man who hit them in custody. The roads around our TMI bases overseas can be very dangerous at times. Please ...
- Myers, Anthony & Shawna Newsletter (Winter 2014) March 25, 2014 Do we need to write 2014 already? It’s like we just started 2013, but it’s true, another year has come and gone! Someone said to us recently...“you know that some of the kids who come this summer aren’t even going to know (about) anything before 2000”! Man that makes us feel old! Many lives have been touched around the globe by the ministry of Teen Missions and many more will be changed that don’t even know it yet! What a ...