Meet the Myers
Michael (from Tucson, AZ) spent most of his school years training for a career in athletics. In 1999, his life and future goals changed dramatically when he went to Brazil with Teen Missions. He knew that summer that God was calling him to full-time missionary service. He found himself in Uganda, Kenya, and Honduras for the following three summers sharing the Gospel to those with ears to hear.
Michelle (from Winnipeg, MB, Canada) went with Teen Missions on a mission trip to Fiji in ’96, Scotland in ’98, Kenya in ’01, and Honduras in ’02. In Scotland, her life changed forever when she dedicated her life to a full-time missionary career. She attended Carleton University from 1999-2002 where she graduated with a BA in Linguistics. She hopes to use her training to help bring the Word of God to those many languages that do not have it in their own tongue.
Mike and Michelle met on the 2001 Kenya team. They were married in July of 2003 and welcomed their first child, Kenya Makayla, on September 25, 2004.They joined staff in the fall of 2004. On December 29, 2007, God blessed them with their second daughter, Isabelle Yvonne. The Myers welcomed Lily Grace to the family on August 31, 2010, and Gabriel Wayne in December 2014.
- Regular and fulfilling time in the Word and in prayer
- Wisdom in raising Kenya, Isabelle, and Lily
- Good health and safety at home and work
- Mike – March 12
- Michelle – July 23
- Kenya – September 25
- Isabelle – December 29
- Lily – August 31
- Gabriel – December 27
- July 4, 2003
- Mike & Michelle Myers Newsletter (Spring 2018) May 11, 2018 A big “Hello!” to our friends, family, church and former teammates! A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. (Prov. 16:9) In our last newsletter, we shared our plans to lead the Mexico team this summer. We are looking forward to what God has in store for us. Our project will be to complete a bathroom block building and also do renovations/repairs on other damaged buildings on the property. We will also be doing some demolition. The camp ...
- Mike & Michelle Myers Newsletter (Winter 2018) February 5, 2018 A big “Hello” to our Family, Friends, Church and Former Teammates! 2018 has just begun and already it has been very eventful. Two weeks in to the New Year, the cruel and terrible flu entered our home. It was unkind to all of us, and spared no one when it came to choosing its victims. I am not sure that I have ever experienced anything like it! We have been to the doctor and the pharmacy more this past January than ...
- Mike & Michelle Myers Newsletter (Fall 2017) October 6, 2017 A big “Hello” to our friends, family, church and former teammates! It is always a pleasure to share with you the work that God is doing in our lives and in the ministry of Teen Missions. Since our return from the Navajo Reservation, it seems like we have not stopped “running”. Our lives have been filled with school, birthdays, and hurricanes!! As I sit now, writing this letter, I am grateful for the opportunity to remember and finally process the fantastic ...
- Mike & Michelle Myers Newsletter (Spring 2017) May 10, 2017 A big “Hello” to our friends, family, church and team mates! It is hard to believe that we have arrived at spring already. The thief, Time, has struck again. Every morning we are handed 24 golden hours. They are one of the few things in this world that we get free of charge. But if we had all the money in the world, we couldn’t buy an extra hour. So, what will we do with this priceless treasure? William ...
- Myers, Mike & Michelle Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 MYERS' SNAIL MAIL A big “Hello” to our friends, family, church and former teammates! We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Michelle’s parents came down from Canada and spent about ten days with us. The day that they arrived, there was a 120 degree temperature change for them. I am so glad we live where we do!! This month Kenya made the school wide Spelling Bee and she finished in third place. We are very proud of her! Kenya and Isabelle have ...
- Myers, Mike & Michelle Newsletter (Fall 2016) November 9, 2016 Myer's Snail Mail A big “Hello” to our friends, family, church and former teammates! I mentioned in a previous newsletter that Cuba can be compared to a prince in a poor man’s coat. Boy is that statement true! This past summer we saw firsthand its ruined, tattered buildings, broken roads and antique vehicles, all of which offered us glimpses and shadows into the country’s former wealth and glory. Although everything has changed now due to the Revolution and the economic embargo that ...
- Myers, Mike & Michelle Newsletter (Spring 2016) May 18, 2016 A big “Hello” to our Friends, Family, Church and Teammates!Matthew 25:40 says, "The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’” I read a blog recently that looked at Matthew 25:40 from the perspective of parenting. It was so encouraging to me, that I wanted to share a little bit of it with you: "One of the most precious passages in all ...
- Myers, Mike & Michelle Newsletter (Winter 2016) March 14, 2016 A big “Hello” to our friends, family, church and former teammates!We ended 2015 and started 2016 in Tucson, Arizona visiting friends and family. Our two-week stay was filled with family games, movie nights, A LOT of Christmas baking (and the clean up that always ensued), adventuresome hikes around and up some of the beautiful but perilous mountains that surround the city, and evening dinners that stretched into the late night with old friends. We have returned home VERY blessed and ...
Access Token not set. You can generate Access Tokens for your Page or Profile on fb.srizon.com. After generating the access token, insert it on the backend