Meet the Myers
Michael (from Tucson, AZ) spent most of his school years training for a career in athletics. In 1999, his life and future goals changed dramatically when he went to Brazil with Teen Missions. He knew that summer that God was calling him to full-time missionary service. He found himself in Uganda, Kenya, and Honduras for the following three summers sharing the Gospel to those with ears to hear.
Michelle (from Winnipeg, MB, Canada) went with Teen Missions on a mission trip to Fiji in ’96, Scotland in ’98, Kenya in ’01, and Honduras in ’02. In Scotland, her life changed forever when she dedicated her life to a full-time missionary career. She attended Carleton University from 1999-2002 where she graduated with a BA in Linguistics. She hopes to use her training to help bring the Word of God to those many languages that do not have it in their own tongue.
Mike and Michelle met on the 2001 Kenya team. They were married in July of 2003 and welcomed their first child, Kenya Makayla, on September 25, 2004.They joined staff in the fall of 2004. On December 29, 2007, God blessed them with their second daughter, Isabelle Yvonne. The Myers welcomed Lily Grace to the family on August 31, 2010, and Gabriel Wayne in December 2014.
- Regular and fulfilling time in the Word and in prayer
- Wisdom in raising Kenya, Isabelle, and Lily
- Good health and safety at home and work
- Mike – March 12
- Michelle – July 23
- Kenya – September 25
- Isabelle – December 29
- Lily – August 31
- Gabriel – December 27
- July 4, 2003
- Mike & Michelle Myers Newsletter (Spring 2019) May 7, 2019 Hiking in Arizona A big “Hello” to our family, friends and former team mates! Our summer is just weeks away and we are anticipating great things for our up and coming trip to the Holy Land. The Bible teaches us that where there is no vision, the people perish (Proverbs 29:18a). In light of this, Mike and I always set goals and talk about our vision for our summer teams. Some goals never change. Obviously, we would like to complete our project: ...
- Mike & Michelle Myers Newsletter (Winter 2019) February 19, 2019 Christmas morning A big “Hello” to our family, friends, church and former teammates! Happy New Year! We had a wonderful Christmas holiday…late nights, sleeping in late, games, excursions, and time with friends. My parents came down from Canada just after Christmas Day and welcomed the New Year in with us too. I am so sad that it all had to end! School is back in session now and those things we enjoyed over Christmas are much harder to come by. Even ...