Meet the Phippens
Seth is the 4th of 12 in his family and grew up in upstate New York on a dairy farm. Growing up he knew that God wanted him to be involved in advancing the Gospel. When he was 15 he went on his first missions trip with Teen Missions. After that summer he knew God wanted him to attend the Teen Missions Bible school.
Emily is 4th of 10 in her family and grew up in northern Minnesota. She also had a heart for missions from a very young age. She came on her first missions trip with Teen Missions in 2010 and came to the Bible school the same year that Seth did.
We got married on October 6th 2012, after that, we spent 9 months in Malawi, Africa doing our internship with Teen Missions and joined staff shortly after that. We are blessed to have a son, James Lincoln born September 19, 2014 and a daughter Lauren Noel born June 2, 2016. We now are serving as staff with Teen Missions in Canada at the base in Outlook Saskatchewan. Seth is the country coordinator and works to promote Teen Missions throughout the country and Emily does all she can to help with the Teen Missions office and take care of the kids and make where they live the best home for everyone!.
Health and safety
Wisdom to raise James
A passion for the lost
Strength for each day
- Seth – December 11
- Emily – August 16
- James – September 19
- Lauren – June 2
- October 6, 2012
- Phippen, Seth & Emily Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 10, 2017 PARTNERS IN MISSION Happy New Year! Emily and I have so much to be thankful for and we are excited and look forward to what God is going to do in us this year. If you have been getting our updates you know that we are always on the move! That was true in 2016 as we moved our family to the Teen Missions base in Saskatchewan, Canada in December. We will be making another BIG move this summer as we move ...
- Phippen, Seth & Emily Newsletter (Fall 2016) November 9, 2016 Partners in Mission John 1:29 “The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” The “Lamb of God”, Christ, takes away sin. He washes it away with His blood. Not because of anything I have done or anything I can do, but only because of God’s grace which cannot be earned nor deserved. This is the message that we preach to others—that Christ takes away sin! Over the summer We love ...
- Phippen, Seth & Emily Newsletter (Spring 2016) May 23, 2016 Seeking His Kingdom First!Matthew 6:31-33 says, “Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”Emily and I are trying to live this out every day as we have been encouraged by Christ ...
- Phippen, Seth & Emily Newsletter (Winter 2016) February 17, 2016 Matthew 28:6 “HE HAS RISEN” I know it’s the first month of 2016 and we just celebrated birth of Jesus, but I have been reminded of how Christ’s birth—without thought to His life, death and resurrection—is only half the story! We can’t wait until March to speak of the resurrection. The very purpose that He came was to give Himself, to die as a ransom. He would not stay dead, death could not hold Him! Our only appropriate response is ...
- Phippen, Seth & Emily Newsletter (Fall 2015) October 8, 2015 Dear Friends and Family,We wanted to take a minute to update you on our summer in Bangladesh, Asia, with Teen Missions. On June 6th 16 teenagers arrived at Merritt Island, Florida, to train and grow together as our team. On June 20th we set off and flew over 20 hours to get to Bangladesh! We arrived at 2 AM and after four hours of sleep we started our first day getting to know the staff and students at the Assemblies ...
- Phippen, Seth & Emily Newsletter (Spring 2015) June 3, 2015 Ministry Partners & Encouragers, Christ is risen! Because of this we have confidence that what Christ says is true, and as we live every day we are witnesses of His truth and promises. We would like to thank those of you who have encouraged us as we labor for the Lord with Teen Missions. We know that so many of you have been praying for us and supporting us financially and because of that we are blessed. Emily, James and ...
- Phippen, Seth & Emily Newsletter (Winter 2015) February 27, 2015 Dear friends and family, We hope that the season of Christmas and the year of 2014 were as fabulous for you as they were for our family! As Emily and I look ahead at the change that 2015 is going to bring to our family we have confidence in God’s Word. Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” So even in a season of change, Christ will never change and we have strength and confidence because ...