Serving the Lord with Teen Missions in Honduras
Francisco (Chico) was born in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. He accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior while on his first Teen Missions team in Honduras in 1990! Five years later, he obeyed God’s call to return to Teen Missions to attend the Honduras BIBLE, MISSIONARY & WORK (BMW) Training Center.
Kathy was born in Oregon and accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior when she was about five years old. She went on a Teen Missions team to Malawi in 1991 and returned two years later to attend the BMW in Florida.
Kathy was serving her internship in Honduras when she met Chico. They were married a year later in 1998. They served on the staff of Teen Missions in Honduras for the next three years and were blessed to be a part of training many youth to serve the Lord full time.
All three of their children were born in Honduras. Daniel (1999) enjoys school, playing games and caring for animals. Samuel (2001) is very active, enjoys karate and loves science. Both boys have been blessed to go to various countries through Peanuts, Pre-teen and now Teen teams. Abigail Grace (2009) is the princess of the family, but she also loves working and helping everyone.
The Chicas family moved to Oregon in 2001, where they lived for five years. During that time, Chico was granted U.S. permanent residency and he served as a volunteer leader with Young Life.
While praying about where to serve on the mission field, the door opened to return to Teen Missions. So, in 2007, God brought them back to work at the Teen Missions base and Bible school in Honduras. Chico is very happy to be teaching classes, helping with the agricultural projects and promoting the vision of Teen Missions in Central America. He loves the opportunity to train Christians to be people of integrity who will make a difference in the world. Kathy is homeschooling their children in the mornings, working in the office in the afternoons and teaching English in the evenings. The whole family enjoys their involvement in the local church on Sundays.
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;—Philippians 2:15
- Wisdom and guidance as we run the base and expand the ministry
- Direction as we raise our children
- Protection and health
- Encouragement and strength as we strive to draw closer to God
- Chico – December 12
- Kathy – November 23
- Daniel – January 21
- Samuel – April 29
- Abigail – February 15
- Joel – August 3
- January 10, 1998
- Chico & Kathy Chicas Newsletter (Winter 2020) February 14, 2020 Change!! It looks like, no matter where you live or what your age, change is happening all the time! That is how it has been for our family, as well as for the ministry in Honduras. The Chicas family Motivation to do well in school! So, since August of 2019, we have been living in Florida, fulfilling the requirement to live one year in the U.S. before applying for Chico’s citizenship. It has been different, but good. Chico is working at the ...
- Chico & Kathy Chicas Newsletter (Fall 2019) September 27, 2019 Greetings from Florida! The transition has been made and God has blessed us. As we stepped out in faith, not knowing what was ahead, God confirmed our move every step of the way! More about that in just a bit. These last few months have been a whirlwind of activity and we want to share some highlights with YOU – the people who have been praying for us! Start of the Summer June 1st, we traveled to Florida – five people with ten ...