Serving the Lord with Teen Missions in Honduras
Francisco (Chico) was born in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. He accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior while on his first Teen Missions team in Honduras in 1990! Five years later, he obeyed God’s call to return to Teen Missions to attend the Honduras BIBLE, MISSIONARY & WORK (BMW) Training Center.
Kathy was born in Oregon and accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior when she was about five years old. She went on a Teen Missions team to Malawi in 1991 and returned two years later to attend the BMW in Florida.
Kathy was serving her internship in Honduras when she met Chico. They were married a year later in 1998. They served on the staff of Teen Missions in Honduras for the next three years and were blessed to be a part of training many youth to serve the Lord full time.
All three of their children were born in Honduras. Daniel (1999) enjoys school, playing games and caring for animals. Samuel (2001) is very active, enjoys karate and loves science. Both boys have been blessed to go to various countries through Peanuts, Pre-teen and now Teen teams. Abigail Grace (2009) is the princess of the family, but she also loves working and helping everyone.
The Chicas family moved to Oregon in 2001, where they lived for five years. During that time, Chico was granted U.S. permanent residency and he served as a volunteer leader with Young Life.
While praying about where to serve on the mission field, the door opened to return to Teen Missions. So, in 2007, God brought them back to work at the Teen Missions base and Bible school in Honduras. Chico is very happy to be teaching classes, helping with the agricultural projects and promoting the vision of Teen Missions in Central America. He loves the opportunity to train Christians to be people of integrity who will make a difference in the world. Kathy is homeschooling their children in the mornings, working in the office in the afternoons and teaching English in the evenings. The whole family enjoys their involvement in the local church on Sundays.
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;—Philippians 2:15
- Wisdom and guidance as we run the base and expand the ministry
- Direction as we raise our children
- Protection and health
- Encouragement and strength as we strive to draw closer to God
- Chico – December 12
- Kathy – November 23
- Daniel – January 21
- Samuel – April 29
- Abigail – February 15
- Joel – August 3
- January 10, 1998
- Chico & Kathy Chicas Newsletter (Spring 2019) May 7, 2019 Well, here it is….April 2019…it’s amazing how the time flies, isn’t it?!? And we must say, “It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.” Lamentations 3:22 We are going to begin this newsletter by looking back. Remember in the last letter, we were still in the middle of the project time with the teams, so I said that I would give the final results in the next letter? Okay, here they are! With the ...
- Chico & Kathy Chicas Newsletter (Winter 2019) February 19, 2019 Loving Christmas together “But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.” This verse from Galatians 6:14 was our theme at Boot Camp this year. We have been involved in many activities over the last few months, and this verse helps us to consider how many of those things have been for the glory of the cross. October and November 2018 We held a Refresher for our MSSM circuit riders, two Kairos Missions Training Seminars, two ...