Serving the Lord with Teen Missions in Honduras
Meet the Chicas
Francisco (Chico) was born in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. He accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior while on his first Teen Missions team in Honduras in 1990! Five years later, he obeyed God’s call to return to Teen Missions to attend the Honduras BIBLE, MISSIONARY & WORK (BMW) Training Center.
Kathy was born in Oregon and accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior when she was about five years old. She went on a Teen Missions team to Malawi in 1991 and returned two years later to attend the BMW in Florida.
Kathy was serving her internship in Honduras when she met Chico. They were married a year later in 1998. They served on the staff of Teen Missions in Honduras for the next three years and were blessed to be a part of training many youth to serve the Lord full time.
All three of their children were born in Honduras. Daniel (1999) enjoys school, playing games and caring for animals. Samuel (2001) is very active, enjoys karate and loves science. Both boys have been blessed to go to various contries through Peanuts, Pre-teen and now Teen teams. Abigail Grace (2009) is the princess of the family, but she also loves working and helping everyone.
The Chicas family moved to Oregon in 2001, where they lived for five years. During that time, Chico was granted U.S. permanent residency and he served as a volunteer leader with Young Life.
While praying about where to serve on the mission field, the door opened to return to Teen Missions. So, in 2007, God brought them back to work at the Teen Missions base and Bible school in Honduras. Chico is very happy to be teaching classes, helping with the agricultural projects and promoting the vision of Teen Missions in Central America. He loves the opportunity to train Christians to be people of integrity who will make a difference in the world. Kathy is homeschooling their children in the mornings, working in the office in the afternoons and teaching English in the evenings. The whole family enjoys their involvement in the local church on Sundays.
- Wisdom and guidance as we run the base and expand the ministry
- Direction as we raise our children
- Protection and health
- Encouragement and strength as we strive to draw closer to God
- Chico – December 12
- Kathy – November 23
- Daniel – January 21
- Samuel – April 29
- Abigail – February 15
- Joel – August 3
- January 10, 1998
- Chicas, Chico & Kathy Newsletter ( Fall 2016) November 10, 2016 Chica's Chit Chat Greetings in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ! In all the activities over the summer, we can say that, “The Lord has helped us every step of the way.” (I Samuel 7:12, New International Reader’s Version.) And we can give thanks to all of you for your prayers as we saw so many answers! In May, Chico went up to Florida to help with preparing for this year’s Boot Camp at the Teen Missions headquarters. In ...
- Chicas, Chico & Kathy Newsletter (Spring 2016) June 6, 2016 Greetings from Honduras to our Dear Friends and Family,It is because of your faithful prayers and support, that we have been able to continue serving our Lord Jesus Christ through the ministry of Teen Missions. We are thankful for many things, including:1. God’s grace to give us eternal salvation, forgiveness, and love2. all of you who are so amazingly supportive of our family and the ministry here3. good health and safety4. the lives that have been saved as a result ...
- Chicas, Chico & Kathy Newsletter (Winter 2016) February 17, 2016 Dear Friends and Family,Wow! It has been a while, hasn't it? I guess having a new baby has kept me busier than I thought it would! I am sure you have all heard the news that we had a baby boy, born in August, 2015. But, you probably haven't heard many of the details. We would like to share for two reasons: one—many of you asked us to, and two—it was amazing and we want to give God the glory ...
- Chicas, Chico & Kathy Newsletter (Spring 2015) June 1, 2015 Dear Friends and Family,Here it is spring time already. The time is just flying, isn't it? In Honduras, we have been blessed with some beautiful weather this year; and in this letter, we would like to share how God has blessed Teen Missions Honduras in many other ways.As mentioned in our last prayer letter, we now have the results of the teams from Boot Camp, and we can share what God did through each of them. The Comayagua Team, the ...
- Chicas, Chico & Kathy Newsletter (Winter 2015) February 20, 2015 Dear friends and family, By the grace and mercy of God, we have been able to complete the 2014-2015 Teen Missions Honduras Boot Camp! As I write this, it is only the training that has been completed, as the teams are out on their projects right now, but by the time you receive this, they will have all returned, gone through Debrief, and be back in their homes. Every year, it is quite a faith-stretching experience, because we never know how many ...
- Chicas, Chico & Kathy Newsletter (Fall 2014) October 1, 2014 Dearest Friends and Family, We pray that this letter finds you well in the midst of this craziness that we all live in, called life. As we look around and hear the news, it's mind-boggling how much is going on in the world. It truly is God's mercy to withhold Judgment Day destruction. He is giving His children a chance to make a difference, to bring one more life to the feet of Jesus, to show who God truly is. (2 ...
- Chicas, Francisco & Kathy Newsletter (Spring 2014) May 20, 2014 Dear Friends and Family, How are you doing? We pray that you are well and that God's great love and mercy is transforming your lives just as it ours so that we may all bring glory, praise and honor to Him even in the difficult situations in life. (Eph. 3:13-21, I Peter 1:7) In our last newsletter, we said that the next one would have the results of the Boot Camp-–so here they are! Two of the teams were construction projects; one ...
- Chicas, Francisco & Kathy Newsletter (Winter 2014) February 7, 2014 Our Dear Friends and Family, What a privilege it is for us to be able to report on what God has been doing in our family and through the ministry of Teen Missions in Honduras over the last several months. God has blessed us with a tremendous group of people who make it possible for us to continue in what He has called us to do - and those people are YOU!! Thank you! The Story of Pastillita As you may remember, while ...