Serving the Lord with Teen Missions in Uganda
Meet the Chimbilas
Greetings from Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. My name is Nelson Chimbila and my wife is Maggie Chimbila. We have two children; our daughter is called Promise and our son’s name is Praise. We are originally from Zambia.
We are grateful to God and our Director, Mr. Bland, for the opportunity given to us to serve at the Uganda Teen Missions Base as coordinators. In Uganda, we run three Boot Camps. One at the main base in Nakabango Village (Jinja Town) where we have youth coming from Uganda and Tanzania to attend the camp. We also run Boot Camps at the Koboko base, which is near the borders of Congo and South Sudan, and at Bugoi, which we call “Promise Land”, in eastern Uganda. Apart from the Boot Camps, we also have a BIBLE, MISSIONARY & WORK Training Center where we train young people in Bible and work ministry in order for them to become missionaries. In addition to that ministry, we also do school and church ministry. We share the Word of God in different schools in Jinja twice a week on Thursdays and Fridays, in churches it’s mainly on Sundays. We also have a children’s ministry called Motorcycle Sunday School Mission whereby we go within our communities to minister to the children about the Word of God through puppets, music, games and phonics classes.
- Wisdom in leadership
- Good health and protection
- Open doors for ministry
- Nelson – May 28
- Maggie – June 6
- Promise – April 5
- Praise – April 29
- Precious – December 21
- June 14, 2003
- Chimbila, Nelson & Maggie Newsletter (Spring 2015) May 26, 2015 Greetings in the name of our risen Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. We hope you had a great Easter. Thank you very much for your support both in prayer and in finances. We are so grateful for what you are doing in our lives.A lot is happening here in Uganda. At the beginning of this year we came up with our priorities as a base. One of the priorities we set in place was to attain tax exemption from the ...
- Chimbila, Nelson & Maggie Newsletter (Winter 2015) February 6, 2015 Greetings in Jesus name, our Lord and Savior! I’m surprised that we are already in the year 2015. We have been in Uganda for three years now! 2014 was full of exciting events and stories as a family and we have seen the hand of God our lives. MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES: We received overwhelming invitations to do ministry with different churches and organizations here in Uganda and also outside. People are mostly looking for a Teen Missions team to come and do a ...
- Chimbila, Nelson & Maggie Newsletter (Spring 2014) May 20, 2014 Dear Friends, We send our warm greetings to you in Jesus' name. We would like to thank you for the support that you render to us towards the ministry that we are doing here in Uganda. The Lord has been so good to us as we are serving Him. We thank God for the gift of our children who are really growing very fast. They are fine and performing well at school. During the first week of April we celebrated our daughter’s ...
- Chimbila, Nelson & Maggie Newsletter (Winter 2014) February 17, 2014 Greetings from Uganda in East Africa, Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice. 2013 was a year of challenges and spiritual growth. The Lord has been so faithful to us as a family and as a ministry at large. Promise and Praise are growing so fast and both are in pre-school. Promise will be five years old in April and Praise will turn three years old also in April. We are amazed at how well we get along with ...
- Chimbila, Nelson & Maggie (Spring 2013) May 3, 2013 We send our greetings to you from East Africa, Uganda, “The Pearl of Africa”. 2013 started very well with many blessings even though I (Maggie) and our son, Praise, were sick. But as for now, we are all doing well. The Lord, our Ebenezar, has been gracious to us during the time we have been here in Uganda. In February we applied for the work permit which we thought was going to take long before it was approved. To the ...
- Chimbila, Nelson and Maggie (Winter 2013) February 4, 2013 Greetings from Uganda, “The pearl of Africa.” We have a lot to share of what the LORD is doing in our lives and family. It has been a wonderful experience to serve the LORD with Teen Missions International in Uganda. To you, friends and family, who have been long not hearing from us, we are now in Uganda at the main base of Teen Missions. We were asked by the International Director, Mr. Bland to go and serve in Uganda. My ...
- Chimbila, Nelson and Maggie (Fall 2011) November 22, 2011 Nelson and Maggie Chimbila are nationals from Zambia who serve as full time missionaries with Teen Missions Int'l. Learn about what the Lord is doing through their ministry in many different locations in Africa.
- Chimbila, Nelson & Maggie (Spring 2009) May 15, 2009 The Chimbila's Chart - Spring 2009 Is Anything Too Hard? Greetings from Nelson and Maggie! We would love to share the story of our lives. We believe this brief story will bless one life or another. We got married in 2003 on June 14th. My wife started to be sick and the doctor said she has fibroid tumors so she cannot conceive unless she has an operation. She did not go for the operation because we told the doctor to give us time. We ...