Serving the Lord with Teen Missions in Malawi
Meet the Freys
Josiah grew up in northeast Pennsylvania. From the age of six he felt the Lord calling him to be a full-time missionary. In November of 1999, Josiah went on his first mission trip to Mexico. The house he stayed in had no running water or electricity. The only source of light was the small candles the host family had. It was a real eye opener to what life as a missionary would be like. Josiah wanted to go back on another trip to Mexico, but the Lord had other plans. Rod and Donna Frey (Josiah’s Parents) had both gone on Teen Missions teams in the early 80s and told Josiah about TMI in August of 2001. Josiah wanted to go on a team the next summer. In 2002, Josiah went on the Preteen team to Germany. It was a wonderful summer and of course he wanted to go back the following summer. However, it would be six years before Josiah went back to the Lord’s Boot Camp.
During that time Josiah went to Romania and China on missions trips with different organizations. He also got very involved in his church, but he wanted to go back to Teen Missions. Finally, in 2008, Josiah went on the Teen Missions Siberia Team. It was on that team that God placed it on his heart to go to the Teen Missions Bible, Missionary & Work Training Centre (BMW) in Merritt Island, Florida. In 2009, he led the Ecuador Preteen Team and then came to BMW in September. During his time at BMW, Josiah served in the Personnel Office and led two teams: China 2010 and Cameroon 2011.
He began his internship in September 2011 in Canada. During his time in Canada he served as the Promotions Coordinator. In November of 2011 Josiah went to Uganda and lead the national Uganda Boot Camp Team and worked on base operations. Josiah was then sent to Zambia to observe the Motorcycle Sunday School Mission, to equip him to serve at the Florida base in the MSSM office.
Bethany came to BMW in August 2011. She and Josiah were married on September 14, 2013. The Freys are currently coordinating the ministry in Malawi.
- That we would seek the Lord daily and have a hunger for His Word.
- For the work in Malawi
- That we would bring glory to Christ with everything we say and do.
- For our family as it can be hard to have us away
- Josiah-July 13
- Bethany-July 25
- September 14, 2013
- Frey, Josiah & Bethany Newsletter (Spring 2016) May 17, 2016 Dear Partners in Ministry,Bethany and I are excited to greet you from South Africa. Yes, you've read it right, we are not in Malawi, but in South Africa! However, by the time you read this, we will most likely be back in Malawi. We were asked by our head office in Florida, to spend the month of April at our base in South Africa. The staff have been going through a lot and Florida felt like Bethany and I could ...
- Frey, Josiah & Bethany Newsletter (Winter 2016) February 24, 2016 Dear Friends and Family,Bethany and I are back in sunny Malawi! It was wonderful to spend Christmas in the USA. We had not been together as a family since 2013. It was a great time with my four siblings—drinking hot cocoa, going to see Christmas lights and laughing together just like when we were little kids. My sister Lydia had just come home from a year in South Africa and having us all under one roof was amazing. Bethany got ...
- Frey, Josiah & Bethany Newsletter (Fall 2015) October 6, 2015 Dear Partners in Ministry,It's hard to believe Bethany and I have been married two years. It has been a busy two years filled with many ups and downs while being missionaries to Malawi. You have been on the journey with us through our mountains and valleys. Bethany and I could not be where we are without all of YOU standing with us. I know many of you have been wondering and might even want to ask, what about small Freys? ...
- Frey, Josiah & Bethany Newsletter (Spring 2015) June 1, 2015 Dear Partners in Ministry,It was a warm sunny morning in Malawi on March 25th when our Kenya Airways flight headed for Nairobi to take Bethany and me back to the USA. We were filled with excitement to be heading home to see many of you and be with our families. We arrived very tired in New York City on March 27th at 1:30 a.m. at our hotel room. We then got on a train the next morning for Pennsylvania. When ...
- Frey, Josiah & Bethany Newsletter (Winter 2015) February 23, 2015 Dear Friends, Family and Former Team Members, It’s been over a year since Bethany and I moved to the other side of the world. What an amazing adventure the Lord has taken us on. There have been many moments of hardship, happiness, joy, homesickness, culture shock, adjustment and spiritual growth; along with developing a stronger marriage between Bethany and myself. As we look back on 2014 and look forward to 2015, we want say THANK YOU for your part in this ...
- Frey, Josiah & Bethany Newsletter (Fall 2014) October 13, 2014 Dear Family, Friends and Former Team Members, War, mass killing, fast spreading illnesses, kidnapping, corruption and overwhelming poverty—these are the words that come to mind when people think of Africa. “The Dark Continent” doomed to never change and forever to be in turmoil. However, in spite of all the wrong things going on in Africa, the Lord is at work. While our world is full of bad news, each day we are blessed to share some good news! Let us share ...
- Frey, Josiah & Bethany Newsletter (Spring 2014) May 5, 2014 Dear Friends, As the light from the sun shines through our window, Bethany and I know the alarm will soon be going off. Then out of nowhere we hear a thud! Is this the roof coming down or maybe a tree falling? No, it is the sound of the monkeys letting us know they are awake and ready for their day. Wow, the joys of waking up in a third-world country! How much different it can be than waking up in ...