Meet the Powells
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
David developed a heart to serve the Lord in full time mission work at a young age. After graduating high school in 1990, he went on his first short term mission trip through Teen Missions to Malawi, Africa. In 1993 he was a team leader with TMI to Guatemala.
Becca committed her life to Christ at a young age, but recommitted her life to the Lord while attending her first TMI team in 1991. She and David are both from Colorado Springs, CO and graduated from the same high school.
In 1991, David and Becca went on a Teen Missions team to Greece together. In the fall of 1993 they were married. Two days after the wedding, they traveled on a Grey Hound bus to Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico. For eight non-consecutive years they served as independent missionaries. In 1996 they led a TMI team to the Olympic Games in Atlanta, GA. Following that summer, they volunteered with TMI at the BMW School in Honduras for one year.
Since 2002 they have been raising their three children, Sarah, Gabriela, and Caleb, in Colorado. They returned to full time missions and joined staff with TMI in 2009.
- Pray for our children Gabriela and Caleb as they adapt to the culture.
- Pray for our eldest daughter Sarah who is serving the Lord in Israel, for protection and wisdom.
- Pray for wisdom and clear direction for God’s plan for Teen Missions in Greece.
- David – October 12
- Becca – July 5
- Sarah – June 16
- Gabriela – July 19
- Caleb – February 19
- September 26, 1993
- BMW Report – 11 Children Gain Salvation October 3, 2016 The Philippines BMW Leads Children to Salvation The weather here has been quite rainy. This has caused the road to our base to need some attention. The BMW students were split into two groups and the one group worked hard and made many repairs to the road, while the other group worked on the landscaping of the property. For ministry lately, the students have been divided into four groups and gone out to serve and ...
- Navajo Reservation Community Development September 29, 2016 New to Teen Missions is a team that has a dual purpose. One is to help young people get unplugged from the many tech gadgets, including gaming, that in some cases consume the majority of their time. Two is to reboot into using their time to help others through various community development projects. You will be blessed by helping others who are in need. Dates: June 17 – August 11, 2017 Teen Missions Trip (ages 13-19) Travel: After training at the Lord’s Boot ...
- Botswana/South Africa September 29, 2016 For an unforgettable summer adventure, join this team as they share the Gospel of Christ in Botswana and South Africa! Dates: June 17 – August 11, 2017 Teen Missions Trip (ages 13-19) Travel: After completing training at the Lord’s Boot Camp, you bus to the Orlando International Airport to board a flight to Atlanta, Georgia. A connecting non-stop flight takes you across the Atlantic Ocean and the Equator before arriving in Johannesburg, South Africa. You will then bus one hour north to the ...
- Mongolia September 29, 2016 Mongolia — “Land of Blue Skies” — land of Genghis Khan, yurts (Mongolian nomad tents) and Bactrian (two hump) camels! Dates: June 17 – August 11, 2017 Teen Missions Trip (ages 13-19) Travel: After completing Boot Camp training, you bus to the Miami International Airport to board a flight across the Atlantic Ocean, France, and the Swiss Alps before arriving in Istanbul, Turkey. A connecting flight takes you across the Caspian Sea, Kazakhstan and the steppes of the Gobi Desert before landing in ...
- Uganda Drama September 29, 2016 This team will journey to beautiful Uganda, the Pearl of Africa, and spend the summer sharing the Good News of Jesus with area villages and assist with ongoing projects on our base. Dates: June 17 – August 4, 2017 Teen Missions Trip (ages 13-19) Travel: After Commissioning you bus to the Orlando International Airport for a flight to Atlanta, Georgia, before boarding a flight across the Atlantic Ocean, the British Isles and the English Channel, arriving in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. From Amsterdam a ...
- Kazakhstan Church September 29, 2016 Be a part of the first Teen Missions team to Astana, Kazakhstan, located in Central Asia. Astana is one of the world’s youngest capital cities, as the capital was moved north from Alma-Ata in 1997. Astana is considered to be one of the most unique capital cities anywhere, which you will understand as you view the flashy buildings that rise up from the flat plains to form a city stuck between its past and an aspiring future. Dates: June 17 ...
- Bernice Mae Bland September 28, 2016 At Home With the Lord August 14, 1930- May 12, 2016 Bernice M. Bland went to be with he Lord on May 12, 2016. Bernie, along with her husband Bob, led numerous groups of teenagers on work and evangelistic projects worldwide and made three trips around the world. She was a beloved wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother. She ran the food warehouse for Teen Missions and taught cooking for teens traveling all over the world. She is survived by her husband Robert ...
- Nicaragua School September 27, 2016 Looking for the adventure of a lifetime? Then serve the Lord this summer in Nicaragua and see what He can do through you, as you work and share the Gospel among school children in Nejapa. Dates: June 17 – August 4, 2017 Teen Missions Trip (ages 13-19) Travel: After your training at the Lord’s Boot Camp, you bus to the Orlando International Airport and board a flight that takes you across the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean Sea to Panama City, Panama. ...