Meet the Powells
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
David developed a heart to serve the Lord in full time mission work at a young age. After graduating high school in 1990, he went on his first short term mission trip through Teen Missions to Malawi, Africa. In 1993 he was a team leader with TMI to Guatemala.
Becca committed her life to Christ at a young age, but recommitted her life to the Lord while attending her first TMI team in 1991. She and David are both from Colorado Springs, CO and graduated from the same high school.
In 1991, David and Becca went on a Teen Missions team to Greece together. In the fall of 1993 they were married. Two days after the wedding, they traveled on a Grey Hound bus to Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico. For eight non-consecutive years they served as independent missionaries. In 1996 they led a TMI team to the Olympic Games in Atlanta, GA. Following that summer, they volunteered with TMI at the BMW School in Honduras for one year.
Since 2002 they have been raising their three children, Sarah, Gabriela, and Caleb, in Colorado. They returned to full time missions and joined staff with TMI in 2009.
- Pray for our children Gabriela and Caleb as they adapt to the culture.
- Pray for our eldest daughter Sarah who is serving the Lord in Israel, for protection and wisdom.
- Pray for wisdom and clear direction for God’s plan for Teen Missions in Greece.
- David – October 12
- Becca – July 5
- Sarah – June 16
- Gabriela – July 19
- Caleb – February 19
- September 26, 1993
- Zambia hospital outreach visits over 270 patients with 30 salvations March 24, 2017 Greetings in the mighty name of Jesus, On the 19th of March two staff and seven BMW students took part in hospital ministry at the Ndola Central hospital. They were joined by local churches here in Ndola that send some church members to the hospital chapel to help pray for the sick. We were about 40 prayer worriers in all. We visited 8 different wings of the hospital. Teen Missions Zambia has been a part of hospital ministry here in Ndola for the past one ...
- Two more Salvations during Uganda Outreach March 10, 2017 I greet you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. When we arrived at around 1:00 pm, we found the students had started praise and worship. We got a chance to share the word of God and the preacher was Sibomana Obadiah. We thank God because ever since we started going to the secondary school this term, we have seen the number of students increase and two students gave their lives to Christ. (Editor's Note: Please continue to pray for ...
- Making Disciples in Uganda March 2, 2017 (as reported be our national Ugandan Staff) This last Sunday, the students had the opportunity of ministering in one of the local churches called Nakabango Pentecostal Assembly Of God.They were given the privilege of running the whole program right from praise and worship, teaching bible study and preaching in the main service. We had Harriet teach Bible study and Gerald Joseph spoke in the main service. Now when these students had just come to BMW, they never had the confidence of ...
- Mike & Rena Reilly Newsletter (Winter 2017) March 1, 2017 Reilly Review Dear Friends and Family, The year 2016 came and went. We’re not sure how that happened, other than we traveled a lot! Then between traveling, a pile of work was waiting for us in Australia. There is nothing like a backlog of ungraded homework to make your day. Yet, we truly praise God for 2016 and all that He allowed us to be a part of and the growth which took place. As we look back over our year we ...
- Matron Unit Girls Return to Dorm February 24, 2017 From our base coordinator: We got all the new mattresses! The girls are returning to Sonrise tomorrow. The bathroom level has gown down enough. We are still going to have a dump truck come from Salima and completely empty it so it will last longer. The BMW students have worked hard on getting the place cleaned up and putting things back in order. We still have things to do and the unit still needs to be rebuilt but hopefully, a ...
- MacPherson, Todd & Rosemary Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 21, 2017 MacPherson's News Missionaries in Canada Dear Friends and Family, I had a newsletter written. I did... and I had every intention of sending it in on time with pictures. I like to at least try to get things in on time. And then something happened. Well, actually two things happened. I was going to tell you about last year in detail. Truth be told though, it was average with a few changes that felt large. The Spindlers left in April last year, so ...
- Chaffee, Timothy & Christi Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 21, 2017 Chaffee Chatter Dear Family and Friends, As some of you know, we are now full-time staff at Teen Missions Int’l headquarters in Merritt Island, Florida and have moved to our new home. We are adjusting well to our new surroundings. Rebekah enjoys the warm weather which has allowed her to ride her bike and visit the ocean in winter which she never got to do before. She also enjoys checking our porch each night for our frequent amphibian guest–Arlo the ...
- Musentekwa, Kunda & Purity Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 17, 2017 News from the Musentekwas Missionaries in Zambia Greetings and happy New Year to you all—our family and friends. It's always with great pleasure that we write to you all the happenings of our ministry and all that God is doing in our lives and in the lives of the people we are ministering to. It has been raining heavily of late and we thank God because our crops have not been damaged even after our crops had been infested with army worms ...