Meet the Powells
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
David developed a heart to serve the Lord in full time mission work at a young age. After graduating high school in 1990, he went on his first short term mission trip through Teen Missions to Malawi, Africa. In 1993 he was a team leader with TMI to Guatemala.
Becca committed her life to Christ at a young age, but recommitted her life to the Lord while attending her first TMI team in 1991. She and David are both from Colorado Springs, CO and graduated from the same high school.
In 1991, David and Becca went on a Teen Missions team to Greece together. In the fall of 1993 they were married. Two days after the wedding, they traveled on a Grey Hound bus to Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico. For eight non-consecutive years they served as independent missionaries. In 1996 they led a TMI team to the Olympic Games in Atlanta, GA. Following that summer, they volunteered with TMI at the BMW School in Honduras for one year.
Since 2002 they have been raising their three children, Sarah, Gabriela, and Caleb, in Colorado. They returned to full time missions and joined staff with TMI in 2009.
- Pray for our children Gabriela and Caleb as they adapt to the culture.
- Pray for our eldest daughter Sarah who is serving the Lord in Israel, for protection and wisdom.
- Pray for wisdom and clear direction for God’s plan for Teen Missions in Greece.
- David – October 12
- Becca – July 5
- Sarah – June 16
- Gabriela – July 19
- Caleb – February 19
- September 26, 1993
- Musentekwa, Kunda & Purity Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 17, 2017 News from the Musentekwas Missionaries in Zambia Greetings and happy New Year to you all—our family and friends. It's always with great pleasure that we write to you all the happenings of our ministry and all that God is doing in our lives and in the lives of the people we are ministering to. It has been raining heavily of late and we thank God because our crops have not been damaged even after our crops had been infested with army worms ...
- Adams, Joshua & Sarah Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 The Adams' Album “Dr Livingstone I presume?” The now famous greeting from Henry Morton Stanley to David Livingstone, when Henry finally located Dr. Livingstone. Our family will be travelling to Zambia, Africa where, yes, we will get to see Victoria Falls. Our mission will be to clear land for the local youth to be able to play soccer along with holding soccer clinics. In addition, the team will also be helping the Circuit Riders with teaching phonics, providing basic medical care, quizzing ...
- Lane, Bob & Betty Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 Dear Family and Friends, Greetings from sunny Florida. Betty and I pray you are in good health. January 1, 2017, Betty stood up from a chair in the living room, blacked out, fell and broke her right hip. This was the eighth fall she has had since her surgery in September, when they replaced ...
- Bobb, Shannon & Vikki Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 What About the Bobbs? Happy New Year!!! What a year 2016 was! It was full of adventure, travel and new experiences. It will definitely be a year to remember for the Bobb family. We are back in the USA after nearly six months. We arrived in Florida early in the morning on December 12. We were greeted at the airport by my brother and sister-in-law, who flew to Florida to help get things ready for our arrival. The TMI van was ...
- Myers, Mike & Michelle Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 MYERS' SNAIL MAIL A big “Hello” to our friends, family, church and former teammates! We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Michelle’s parents came down from Canada and spent about ten days with us. The day that they arrived, there was a 120 degree temperature change for them. I am so glad we live where we do!! This month Kenya made the school wide Spelling Bee and she finished in third place. We are very proud of her! Kenya and Isabelle have ...
- Yost, Bob & Paula Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 The Yost Post Dear Family and Friends, This last Christmas season, the verses in John 1:4-5 seemed to jump out at me every time I turned around. In Him was life and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. And God is still speaking to me in terms of light, most recently in John 12:46, I have come as light into the world, that everyone who believes in ...
- Petersen, Steve & Gay Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 The Petersens…In His Harvest Dear Family and Friends, We are so thankful for all of the faithful prayers and support that allow us the opportunity to work in God’s harvest around the world. While world news might seem chaotic, our God is sovereign and continues to empower His Church to boldly share the Good News to every nation. BOOT CAMPS AROUND THE WORLD We have Boot Camps continually running overseas in different countries every month of the year. Over the holidays we had Boot ...
- Yoder, Robert & Dorah Newsletter (Winter 2017) February 16, 2017 News from the Yoders Serving the Lord in Zambia Dear Family and Friends, Compliments of the season to all of you in Jesus’ name. We hope you had a great year in 2016, and we are believing God for a successful 2017 by His grace. 2016 was okay, despite my wife having malaria two times in a short amount of time. She was pregnant at the time so the doctor put her on some drugs that would not hurt the baby. The drugs had ...