Meet the Rakotomalalas
I am Liva Rakotomalala. I was born on April 30th, 1975. I was raised in a Christian family, but I did not have a full understanding of salvation until I met Jesus in 1992. I received Jesus Christ as my personal Savior that year and I started to learn more about him.
I finished 12th grade in 1994 and got my Bachelor’s degree. I attended the first Boot Camp in Madagascar as a team member back in 1995. In 1996, I was chosen to be an MTA and went to America for a year. In 1998, I went to Zambia to attend the BIBLE, MISSIONARY & WORK (BMW) Training Center. In August 2000, I finished BMW, went back to Madagascar, and helped to open a BMW in there.
I’ve been running the BMW and Boot Camp in Madagascar since 2001. Then on October 26, 2002, I married Nomena Razafimahaleo.
My name is Nomena Razafimahaleo. I was born September 10, 1979. I received Jesus Christ as my personal Savior on August 28, 1998, then confirmed my commitment on April 4, 1999.
I was raised in the capital since my childhood and received my Bachelor’s Degree in June 1997. I received my Master’s Degree in accounting and marketing in June 2001. In the meantime, I did my internship, before and after my graduation. Then comes the time for working. From 2001 till 2002, I worked as an accountant in one company and did some marketing studies in another company in Antananarivo.
When I was still very young, I felt so close to God since I went to Sunday Schools till I was 18. I prayed for what I wanted to become in the future in my agenda book. Then I made two choices, which is, in one hand, to become a counselor of our Government and help people give a hand to those non-government organizations, working with churches, but on the other hand I loved to become like “Mother Theresa,” or that kind of thing—to become a servant of God full-time. Then time passed and I met Liva in December 1997, at the time, he was planning to study in Zambia. We were just friends, writing and praying for each other. Then I met him again in December 2001 when he came back in our country in Mahajanga.
From that moment, I knew little about Teen Missions and decided to become a leader on the Film Team during Boot Camp 2002. After that, Liva took me as his wife on October 26, 2002. God has also blessed us with three children.
- Pray for wisdom and guidance from the Lord in His services
- Spiritual growth as a couple in the Lord, in the ministry
- Pray for future plan to extend the ministry of Teen Missions in Madagascar
- Liva – April 30
- Nomena – September 10
- Fanilo – January 12
- Fideriana – July 10
- Fiflina – March 4
- October 26, 2002
- Rakotomalala, Liva & Nomena Newsletter (Winter 2016) March 14, 2016 Greetings Dear Friends From Your Missionaries In Madagascar,It has been very very hot in Mahajanga since October, maybe around 94 degrees F. We are looking forward for the rains to come. Along with that, the mango trees are full of ripening fruit and they just fall on the ground and whoever wants them just picks them up. We make fruit salad with it or mango juice—it is delicious.Bible Missionary and Work training (BMW)We have 12 BMW students right now in ...
- Rakotomalala, Liva & Nomena Newsletter (Winter 2014) March 25, 2014 Hello everyone, I (Nomena) want to thank you for all your care and love for us. Even though we are far away, you are faithful and remember us here. So, thank you! Psalm 133:1 During August and September we were in the South of Madagascar running the Boot Camp there. Everything went well. I liked working in the kitchen with some other staff. In addition, I was teaching Bible Marking along with finances to the leaders. But my favorite part of the ...
- Rakotomalala, Liva & Nomena (Fall 2009) October 27, 2009 News From Madagascar - Fall 2009 Through the grace of our Lord, here we are again to let you be a part of this ministry of Teen Missions in Madagascar as we share with you all about us. FAMILY, We praise the Lord that he added one more member to our family. On July 10th, our baby boy, Aina Fiderana Rakotomalala, was born. It is a joy for myself, Nomena and Fanilo to have him. We praise God that Nomena did not have ...