Meet the Sibandas
Claimet Sibanda became involved with Teen Missions through the BIBLE, MISSIONARY & WORK (BMW) Training Center in Zimbabwe. He started BMW in 1992 and graduated two years later in 1994. After finishing school he joined Teen Missions staff. He helped with local outreach, planted churches and other ministries. After working with Teen Missions for several years he met his wife, Sipho. They were married in 1998. Soon after their marriage they moved to Zambia to serve at the Teen Missions base there. They helped with the annual Boot Camp, served in the AIDS Orphans ministry and worked with the BMW students. In April 2003 they returned to Zimbabwe to coordinate the base and BMW. Though they encountered struggles they testify that they have seen the hand of God at work in their lives. Claimet and Sipho have two daughters, Hope and Delight.
- Wisdom and direction as we lead the base
- Provision of food and other necessities
- That we will be a light and help to those in our community
- Peace and stability for our country
- Claimet – April 13
- Sipho – March 22
- Hope – January 24, 2000
- Delight – January 23, 2005
- August 11, 1998
- Sibanda, Claimet & Sipho Newsletter (Fall 2015) November 18, 2015 Dear Family, Friends and Former Team Members,So much is happening at Teen Missions in Zimbabwe. During our summer (December and January), we ran Boot Camp, which is a very powerful time of the Lord working and transforming the lives of many kids. We have witnessed a lot in this program and our lives are also shaped as we ministered to the kids. It is a joy to see kids coming to the Lord with open hearts, receiving Christ as Lord ...
- Sibanda, Claimet & Sipho Newsletter (Spring 2015) June 1, 2015 Greetings to all our Friends and Family!The wound pains the one who has the wound. We are so grateful for the work which was accomplished on the Cross of Calvary. Today even us who are not wealthy can be called a child of God.During our national Boot Camp, it was amazing to see young boys and girls getting helped coming out from Satanism. I was a leader on the Mutoko Team, whereas Sipho was a leader on the Mtshabezi Team. ...
- Sibanda, Claimet and Sipho (Spring, 2010) May 19, 2010 "In Zimbabwe we stayed for two years without Boot Camp. But in 2009-2010 we managed to run an excellent Boot Camp where we saw many kids receiving Christ as their personal Savior."
- Sibanda, Claimet & Sipho (Fall 2009) October 27, 2009 The Sibanda Story - Fall 2009 Greetings from Zimbabwe in the Almighty Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. How is the Lord blessing you? In Zimbabwe, He has continued to watch over us despite the cholera, swine flu, and outbreaks of other diseases. He has kept us strong, in good health, and provided for our needs. Brethren, we failed to have Boot Camp because of cholera this year, but we are praying that the Lord may have His own way by allowing us to ...
- Sibanda, Claimet & Sipho (Spring 2008) May 15, 2009 The Sibanda Story - Spring 2008 Hello from Zimbabwe Psalm 127:1 “Unless the Lord builds the house those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city the watchman stays awake in vain.” 2008 was a year of dark clouds. The situation in Zimbabwe was not good at all, especially politically. Everything was paralyzed. We operated the Teen Missions base in a hard situation. People were living in fear for their lives, being threatened to be killed for no solid ...