Welcome to Teen Missions in Indonesia!
No trips scheduled at this time… check back soon!
The Land & People of Indonesia
Indonesia—an island nation officially called the Republic of Indonesia, is a country in Southeast Asia and Oceania. Indonesia is an archipelago comprising approximately 17,508 islands spanning over 3,200 miles of ocean. Mountainous terrain and dense rain forests cover the islands and some even have volcanoes! There are many exotic forms of wildlife that are only found in Indonesia, such as the giant Komodo dragon and the Javan rhinoceros. Indonesia has 33 provinces with over 240 million people and has the world’s largest Muslim population.
History & Ministries of Teen Missions in Indonesia
Teen Missions International has been registered since September 22, 1998 with the Department of Religion under the name of “Yayasan Misi Remaja International”. There is a Board of Directors of 9 members. The chairman is Pastor Dr. Arnold Abrahams located in Ambon. The head office is located in Tangerang about 25 KM west of Jakarta. There are presently 6 BMW training centers in Indonesia and 20 acres of land has been purchased for the 7th BMW to be located at the border of Indonesia and Malaysia. Indonesian missionaries (BMW graduates) are presently serving in Cambodia, Canada, Malawi, Madagascar and Mongolia.The email address of Teen Missions in Indonesia is [email protected]
Tangerang BMW is located in the province of Banten and was started in December 1999 with 15 students. In 2012 it had a student body of 50 students plus an additional 56 students enrolled in the B.Th. program. The campus consists of two commercial units, 3 stories high, and a staff house located behind the campus. The students conduct 88 Good News Clubs (in 2014) and serve in 29 churches during weekends. Email address is [email protected]
Wonogiri BMW located in the village of Ngadirojo in Central Java was officially started in December of 1999 with 39 students. There are presently 37 students (in 2014) and 5 staff members. The campus consists of a main building and a separate staff house. The students garden about 8 acres of land and grow trees for plywood, hardwood trees, corn, peanuts and vegetables. The students conduct 17 Good News Club and minister in 17 churches during weekends. Email address is [email protected]
Sosok BMW located in the town of Sosok, West Kalimantan started to function in April 2001 with 10 male students. These students built the first dorm and also a classroom. In the fall of the same year the student body consisted of 25 students both male and female. As of 2014 there are 39 students with 5 staff members. The students are growing palm oil trees on 15 acres of land and also
grow lemon trees, coconuts and vegetables. The students raise 12 pigs and 14 goats, 2 ducks and 13 chickens. The students minister in 24 Good News Clubs and 24 churches for weekly outreach. Email address is [email protected]
Ambon BMW is located on the island of Ambon which is the capital of the Maluku province in East Indonesia. The school started to function in March 2004 with 29 students. There are 31 students in 2014 with 5 staff members. TMI also owns a junior high school close to the BMW with approximately 100 students. The students grow a variety of trees and vegetables on 15 acres of land. The students conduct 26 Good News Clubs and minister in 14 churches for missionary outreach. There has been much conflict between Christians and Moslems so this is an excellent location for a training base. Email address is [email protected]
Medan BMW (Province of North Sumatra) actually started in the village of Aek Mompang near Sibolga, North Sumatra in 2001 with 31 students. The Campus moved to the village of Namomirik, Deli Serdang in 2006 and continued with 42 students. There are 83 students in 2014 and 5 staff members. The students grow a variety of trees including cocoa trees, beetle nuts, coconuts, vegetables and also have several fish ponds. The students conduct 27 Good News Clubs and minister in 22 churches.
The Papua BMW is located in the town of Nabire. Papua started to function in October 2009 with 12 students. There are 18 students as of 2014 with 2 staff members. The students are developing over 17 acres of land and have dug several large fish ponds producing lots of fish— this solves the flooding problem at the same time. The students minister in 16 churches for outreach ministry and are running 40 Good News Clubs . These Good News Clubs are conducted under trees, on beaches, near a rivers etc. The school arranged for 85 Christmas parties for children with a total 2540 children from Muslim, Roman Catholic and Christian homes. Email address is [email protected]
Borneo BMW (under construction…)
There are two MSSM members and one Intern assisting MSSM who is the leader of the MSSM operation including the equipment. All the work has been done manually. There are only 2 people working on the building. Two people are working on the road and building. It is a slow process. They have completed 4 rooms in the main building. There are 8 toilets and 6 shower rooms. They plan to build a 1 meter wide path from the building below to the main building.
- Be A Light to Others Around You December 15, 2015 Indonesia, a land of contrast and opportunity for sharing the GospelAnnual Report for 2015 and proposals for 2016Indonesia is a nation of 18.307 islands but only 6000 islands are populated. The population in 2015 is estimated at 255 million. The island of Java has approximately 150 million people.The constitution of Indonesia guarantees freedom of religion. Even though Indonesia has the largest muslim population in the world (over 200 million) there are 7 religions registered with the Government. Each religion has ...
- Good News Clubs — Indonesia | March 2014 April 30, 2014 Editor's Note: Each BMW (Bible Missionary & Work Training Center) location in Indonesia runs Good News Clubs for children as a student ministry. We have received a report of total results for the month of March 2014 below. To God be all the glory! Tangerang BMW Total Places = 88 locations Total Children = 2449 children Accepted Jesus = 44 children Papua BMW Total Places = 39 locations Total Children = 1026 children Accepted Jesus = 71 children Sosok BMW Total Place = 27 locations Total Children = 602 children Accepted Jesus = 438 children Ambon BMW Total ...
- Disaster Relief and Development Projects Making a Difference March 13, 2014 Teen Missions International (YMRI) In Indonesia Aid Makes a Difference Across Indonesia The following are humanitarian projects we have conducted with financial assistance from our swiss partners. Event: The devastating tsunami of December 26th 2004 caused immense damage in the coastal areas of South Asia. In Indonesia alone around 165,000 died by the quake and its aftermath. More than 110,000 people were injured; over 1.7 million coastal communities around the Indian Ocean were left homeless. On the island of Sumatra, the tsunami had left tens ...
- Indonesia BMW Ministry Update Winter 2014 March 6, 2014 Ambon BMW: There are 31 students being prepared for ministry. The students are conducting 26 Good News Clubs and ministering in 14 churches during weekends. There has been no problem lately between Christians and Muslims. The school computer was stolen that had all the students records. Linda requested prayer for a new computer costing about $700.00. They are planning a mission trip to Seram island for promotion and recruiting new students. Thank God there has been no more erosion of land ...
- Indonesia Good News Club Report January 2014 March 5, 2014 What a blessing and praise to see the Lord work through the Good News Clubs in Indonesia! In total, there were 211 Good News Clubs throughout Indonesia with over 5000 children attending! More than 800 of those children gave their lives to Jesus! Praise the Lord and pray for all of these children as they grow in Christ. Below are additional ministry statistics. To God be all the Glory! 1. Tangerang BMW 88 Locations Total Children = 2519 children Accepted Jesus as personal savior = ...
- Graduated BMW Students in Indonesia, What are they doing now? March 5, 2014 Indonesia has six Bible Missionary & Work Training Centers spread throughout Indonesia. A total of 912 students have graduated from the BMW program! Many of those 912 students have gone on to become pastors, youth workers and missionaries. Take a look at what some of those students have gone on to do. We praise the Lord for the BMW program and how it is helpinbg the students in Indonesia. Pastors = 111 Church workers = 447 (Evangelist, Sunday School, Youth, Music, elders) Teachers ...
- Good News Clubs in Indonesia December 12, 2012 Greetings from Indonesia, Just an update of the Good News Clubs in Indonesia by our BMW Students. At present time our students are conducting 223 Good News Clubs reaching 5578 children each week. Many children come from non-Christian homes and get to know the Lord Jesus as personal Savior. Students are planning over 30 Christmas celebrations and parties for the children. Please pray for God's protection and that many more children will come to know the Lord Jesus as Savior.
- Great Things are Happening in Indonesia November 3, 2011 The Teen Missions Bible This year there are 71 new students. We have a total of 356 students and this includes 111 students doing their one year internship.