Welcome to Teen Missions Base in Malawi — Africa
History & Ministries of Teen Missions Malawi Base
Teen Missions in Malawi is located on 160 acres on the beautiful shores of Lake Malawi. Monkeys are a common sight and hippos are sometimes visible on the lake. The first Boot Camp was run in Malawi in 1988. Purchased in 1995, our base is home to three annual Boot Camps and a Bible, Missionary & Work (BMW) Training Center (which was founded in 1998). The base also hosts retreats to bring in extra income for its ministries. One of the most important ministries in Malawi is the ministry to the AIDS orphans. There are seven AIDS Orphans Rescue Units in Malawi and two Matrons Units that provide a safe place to stay for young girls who are attending school. The TMI staff also run a Motorcycle Sunday School Mission Circuit, teaching Sunday schools at several Rescue Units and villages in the Dedza Region of the country.
The Land & People of Malawi — The Warm Heart of Africa
Malawi, a small land-locked country in southern Africa, is known as the “warm heart of Africa.” The people are very open and friendly, clearly living up to their motto. The landscape of Malawi is mountainous in parts and the beautiful Lake Malawi stretches along almost the entire length of the nation. Of the 13 million citizens, 900,000 are living with HIV/AIDS and life expectancy is only 43 years. There are up to 400,000 AIDS orphans. Around 80% of the population survives on less than $1 a day. The major source of income for Malawi is agriculture, especially tobacco. Though Christianity is widespread in Malawi, there are many who practice witchcraft or other tribal beliefs. There is also a large population of Muslims.
- Praise from Malawi March 18, 2019 I wanted to share this praise report with you from yesterday. I went to Lilongwe yesterday with Miscious because the founder of African Bible College had died and they were having a memorial service yesterday for him at the ABC campus. Before the service, I wanted to go to the Malawi Bible Society to check on the prices of some Bibles for our units and circuits. We have bought Bibles from the Bible Society many times and almost every year for BC we buy ...
- Time for a Refresher — Malawi February 23, 2019 Only 12% of our staff have electricity. 22% if you include the number of those who use a generator. The other 78% of the staff only have electricity if they have solar. This also means it is very exciting for them to come to Chipoka base and have electricity and running water.